Jigs, Storage Solutions, Tools, Better Mousetrap, rust cleaning, and other Contraptions
Some of my pages end up a orphans with no easy way to categorize them. I've put together this navigation page to shine a spotlight on some of the oddballs I've made.
This is a jig I built to hold the bulkheads of the SCAMP at an angle while I checked the fit and then fastened them down.
Molasses is a very effective and safe rust remover. I checked it out and give it a thumbs up.
Simple DIY" watercolour table easel I built for myself. After several years, I'm still using it.
I used it for several seasons and it worked well. It also made it much more comfortable to work on the interior.
I cut some large sheet of sandpaper for my Dremel sander and saved a bundle.
I used this jig on the drill press to drill the end of a metal rod when I made the scratch gauge.
I made this to clamp wood at an accurate 90 degrees. It's very useful. No link.
I ran an experiment to see if I could make a faster joint between pieces of plywood. I usually scarf them. The joint is very strong.
I got tired of feeding hoardes of greedy squirrels that scare my birds away. Don't worry they get lots of seeds that have fallen on the ground. (on my gardening site)
Simple cardboard solar cooker worked surprisingly well. Cheap and fast to make
I made this to make biomass briquettes, It's more useful now as a can crusher and general press.
I made a sharpening jig to sharpen chisels and plane blades. Works well to fix any chips and set angles, then I finish and polish by hand.
I experimented with 2 sizes of can woodburner stoves. The larger one was amazingly efficient. Video link.
I try to be accurate and check my information, but mistakes happen.email me if you find mistakes, I'll fix them and we'll all benefit: Christine