[ HOME ] [ BUILDING MY CARBON FIBER DINGHY MAST ] [ MYBOATS ] [ MAKING A BIRDSMOUTH MAST ] [ CARBON FIBRE IS AVAILABLE IN MANY FORMS ] [ MAKING AN APPLE PIE DINGHY ] [ MY SKERRY DINGHY BUILD ] [ KEVLAR PROPERTIES ] [ TERMS AND DEFINITIONS USED IN CARBON FIBER AND OTHER COMPOSITE BOATBUILDING ]
My Article on Carbon Fiber.[ PROPERTIES OF CARBON FIBER ]
CARBON FIBER SKERRY MAST
Higglety Pigglety collection of reference material I found interesting.
Making a Carbon Fiber Mast from Bateau. Similar procedure to Krakenbait.
- University of Southern Mississippi has a page on making carbon fibre
- László I. Mórocz 's page on building a mast for his Kraken Bait.
- UK Cherub class sailing Dinghy has a good article (Choose Technical in the Navigation Bar then go on to the How To articles.) and a VIDEO on YouTube:
- How it is made has a Video on YouTube on making Fibreglass Vaulting Poles, Interesting in the Methodology.
- The following YouTube video on the structure of Carbon Fibre is great fun.
A large mast is being made in a shop using an aluminium mandrel and autoclave.
- YouTube Video from GMT Composite.
email me if you find mistakes, I'll fix them and we'll all benefit: Christine