Assorted Boat Links
Skerry, my first Boat.
- Chesapeake Light Craft: Home of my Skerry's plans. They sell lots of kits / plans.
- Arwen Marine, A French company. There are some really good building photos, in French only now.
- Article in Amateur Boatbuilding written by John Harris, the Skerry designer.
- You tube video of a skerry. While I was building my Skerry, I used to go to that video when I got discouraged.
- CLC Skerry build, fast forward video of a Skerry build
Tanzer 22 My Next Challenge.
- Tanzer 22 Class Association
- Michael Goudeseune's Web site. Some nice articles about maintenance and projects. Also has links.
- Tanzer Boat Parts supplies Tanzer parts and has articles and a very nice collection of links about Tanzers and various home pages.
- Tanzer 22 Dimensions and Sail Area
- Tanzer 22 "BRIJAN" is used for racing.
- Article in "The Practical Sailor" about Tanzer 22
- Tanzer 22 photos, heavily modified top.
PDRacers a boat that doesn't take itself seriously, My second boat
- Official PDRacer site
- Fun article in Duckworks Magazine. A bit US centric but still worth the read.
- Wikipedia Entry for the Puddle Duck Racer
- Great Article on building a Puddle Duck Racer from Polysail
- Friends of Yellow creek, page on PDR with lots of photos.
- Puddle Duck Racer Yahoo Group is lively!
- Making a Puddle Duck Racer hull #231
- Lots of YouTube Video of PDRs
Building a Scamp
- SCAMP, Small craft advisor
- Wikipedia entry on SCAMP Sailboat
- Duckworks Magazine article
- My Anchor Page
- Anchoring basics from the Ottawa River Sailing Page of Sailquest.com
- CruiserNews.net Lots of links related to anchors and anchoring.
- Anchoring and Anchorages Callypgia, Lots of good information from cruising boat.
- Set an anchor for a Blow Pangolin.co.nz
- Noonsite.com Make sure your anchor is set
- Kingston Anchors Anchors and anchor rollers, lots of information
- Rocna Anchors Very successful newfangled anchors
- Anchor Right Sarca anchors (sand and rock anchors)
- Choosing an Anchor Bluemoment.com
- Lake Ontario Sailing
- Skipper Tips has lots of ... Tip about sailing and keeping your sailboat running.
- Calculator for triangles. Useful for designing a sail
- Sailrite sells kits for dacron sails and other supplies
- SAIL Kits for poly tarp sails, Polysail
- Tyvek sail
- Messing About has lots of good pages and info
- Wikipedia article on Junk Rig
- Lug Sail Article from Amateur boatbuilding
- Junk Sail Tutorial
- A step by step record of rigging the OZ PDRacer but is useful for some tips about setting up any sprit rig for efficiency.
- The Mother of All Maritime Links Really!
- Extra, Eye Candy. Where people send in their pictures. A great place to go wandering for a feel good boat extravaganza!
- An Italian chap designs and builds a sailboat. Fun reading
- Boat Building, Design and repair
- diy-wood-boat Lots of articles and assorted links and information, worth a visit.
- Michael Storer's boat plan and info page
- Duckworks Boat Builders supply: Supplies in the U.S., Lots of articles and links.
- Tech support site for plans from bateau.com
- Marlow Ropes in UK
- Woodenwidget.com has plans for tiny extra light boats. Some are folding.
- Boatbuilding free boat plans
- Simplicity Boats Lots of handy info for home builders including kits and plans, supplies, reference.
- Wooden Boat Fittings in Australia
- Platypus boat in Oregon, They have Pelican Kits for DIY, wooden cleats and other resources.
- A short article on Galvanic Corrosion and how to protect from it.
- Online Sailing Simulator The game is fun and occurs in a few places online. The rest of the website is fun.
- This is a simple explanation of Binoculars
- Very interesting electric boat motor Electric paddle designed specifically for portable boats, canoes, kayaks and tenders. 16 pounds including battery.
- One Sheet Sampan boat
- Copper Corrosion Protection and Resistance for boat fittings
- A pdf file of a trip in sail boat, Greek seas
- Thorne's Chamberlain Dory Skiff
- Have fun exploring the Frayed Knot Arts website.
- Amazing knot visualizations
- Animated Knots by Grog, How to tie knots and their uses
- Ropers Knot page
- Sacramento Delta Boating page of knots
- Great knotting resource, a bit out of date but well worth the wander
- Cats cradle and others.International String Figure Association
- Sword Knots Useful if you want to be an old fashioned pirate.
- Celtic Knotwork Instructions on how to draw them.
- Paper knotting Origami with an attitude.
- Braiding supplies, They sell for horse equipment but transfers to other uses.
- The Rope People
- Martin Comb's knots
- Folsoms Well done page with lots of links
- Knot shaped jewelry tutorial page.
- Nice animated knots from Pro Knot. They offer nifty reference card of knots.
- Oseberg Viking Ship Building a full scale replica.
- viking Ship Construction, Regia Anglorum
- Danish Viking Ships
- Sea Stallion From Glendalough
- Sea Stallion From Glendalough on youtube
- Viking Ship Museum, Oslo
- Lore and Saga
- Gaia viking voyage 2005 on Youtube
- Lofotr Viking Ship on Youtube
- My page on the Draken Harald Harfagre
- Taking a Trip by Sea: Viking Ships
Achors and Anchoring
Clubs and Sailing
Proas: Looks like alot of fun sailing one of these.
Nautical Words now integrated in Every Day Language.
Iain Oughtred's Ness Yawl
Assorted boat Sites.
I'm not sure how to describe these
Knots and Ropework
This web site reflects my personal ideas and doesn't represent anyone else's point of view.
Knot reference cards
THE knot reference book: